FINEQUS PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
Finconvenio Services Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Finequs/ we/ our”) understands, appreciates and acknowledges the expectations and needs of its customers (hereinafter referred to as “customer/ you/ your”) regarding privacy, confidentiality and security of personal information that resides with the Finequs. Keeping personal information of customers secure, and preventing any misuse thereof, is therefore, a top priority of Finequs.
Personal Information (“PI”) means any information/ documents/ details that relates to a natural person, which either directly or indirectly in combination with other information available with Finequs, can identify such person.
- This Policy applies to the PI such as details pertaining to your name, parentage, marital status, nationality, state/city of residence, residential address, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, contact number/mobile number, user ids, passwords, recent photograph, signature image, income proof, PAN, credit score, credit information report, e-KYC through UIDAI, Aadhaar based e-Sign and such other Know Your Customer (KYC) documents like address proof, identity proof, officially valid documents/details (OVDs) accepted for concluding a financial transaction, which may be shared/ uploaded by you, as and when you avail any products or use the Website and to which Finequs may become privy to.
- By visiting and/or using our Website, you agree to this Policy. Further, this policy applies to all current and former visitors to the Website. It is strongly recommended for you to return to this page periodically to review the most current version of the Policy.
- Finequs reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to change or otherwise modify the Policy without prior notice, and your continued access or use of this Website signifies your acceptance of the updated or modified Policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED:
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at the Website.
Please find below some examples of the type of information that we collect:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other mode through any of our Channels. • We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. As an example if we use “cookies “ on digital platforms we could obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Website or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of the Website on other websites. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. While we are principally a phygital services provider, we do deploy digital tools towards our business and marketing objectives.
- We might receive any other datapoint or information regarding you from other sources and add it to our account information.
How We Use The Information:
Finequs collects your information when you register for an account, when you use its products or services, visit its Website's pages. When you register with the Website and sign in you are not anonymous to us. Also, you are asked for your contact number and other details during registration and may be sent SMS, electronic mails (“e-mails”) , notifications, and WhatsApp messages about our services to your wireless device.
- By making use of the Website or connecting with any of our Channels, and furnishing your personal and contact details, you hereby agree that you are interested in knowing more or availing and/or purchasing various products, services, offers, campaigns or other promotional material that Finequs or any other third party may offer/provide/share/send you from time to time through any means including but not limited to telephone, SMS (short messaging service), electronic mail (e-mail), WhatsApp, or any other messaging service/mobile application or any other physical, electronic or digital means/mode . You hereby agree that Finequs may contact you either electronically or through phone, to understand your interest in the selected products and Services and to fulfil your demand or complete your application. Further you also expressly agree and authorize Finequs and its partners, service providers, vendors and other third parties to contact you for the purpose of offering or inviting your interest in availing other products or services offered by third parties, or for sending other marketing campaigns, offers, or any other information either on the Website or through other means including but not limited to telephone, SMS (short messaging service), electronic mail (e-mail), WhatsApp, or any other messaging service/mobile application or any other physical, electronic or digital means/mode. You agree and authorize Finequs to share your information with its group companies, vendors, service providers, business partners, agents and other third parties, in so far as required for marketing purposes/offering/cross-selling various other products and services and/or to provide you with various value-added services, in relation with the Services selected by you or generally otherwise. You agree to receive communications through emails, telephone, WhatsApp, SMS, or any other form of messaging/communication service from Finequs or such third parties. You also agree that Finequs reserves the right to make your details available to its partner banks/financial institutions or any such other third party and that you may be contacted by the partners and/or the third party for information through email, telephone, WhatsApp and/or SMS.
- The usage of the Website or interaction with any Finequs Channel partner may require you to provide consent for keying in your Personal Information (“PI”) (including but not limited to any personal data or sensitive personal data as defined under applicable law) or to authorize Finequs to derive your data/information from any other source or public registry, as may be necessary to complete your profile or your application on the Website or at the Channel partner, conduct due diligence on you, assessing your eligibility for the products/services, undertaking know-your-customer (“KYC”) checks by Finequs or any other third party and/or to process your application through this Website. Your PI may also be used or shared with third parties including but not limited to our vendors, service providers, credit information agencies, analytics and research partners, other banks or financial institutions, insurers or intermediaries or any other third party with the intent of making your experience on the Website as convenient and seamless as possible. Finequs shall adhere to best industry practices including information security, data protection and privacy law while processing such applications. However, Finequs shall not be liable to you against any liability or claims which may arise out of such transactions as any such PI is being collected, used, processed and shared with your explicit consent.
- You hereby authorize and expressly consent us to share your PI with third parties including but not limited to Credit Information Companies (“CIC”) to do an aggregate check of your credit profile for Finequs to send you targeted communications and offers.
- In furtherance to your usage of the Website and/or Channels for the purpose of availing Services from Finequs, you expressly waive the Do Not Call (DNC) / Do Not Disturb (DND) registrations on your phone/mobile numbers for contacting you for such purpose and usage. Hence, there will be no DNC / DND check required for the number you may have left on our Website. Such modes of contacting you may include sending SMSs and/ or telephonic calls.
- Finequs reserves the right (and you expressly authorize Finequs) to share or disclose your PI when Finequs determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate under the law for the time being in force.
CREDIT INFORMATION REPORT:
- Your Credit Information (credit score and credit information report) is procured through a 'soft search' of your credit records with Credit Information Companies “CICs” and Finequs has no control over the content or accuracy of information provided in your credit information by CICs. Finequs gets this information from CIC for and on your behalf only when you agree to appoint Finequs as your lawfully appointed authorized agent/ representative for collecting your credit information from CICs. By consenting to use and avail your credit information report through Finequs, you agree that Finequs and CICs shall be entitled to rely on your authorization and consent granted by you to Finequs.
- Availing your credit information through Finequs is subject to your passing of appropriate identity authentication for security and privacy purposes. Finequs shall not notify you the reasons if you are unable to pass such identity authentications and not able to view and/or use your credit information.
- Finequs may analyze and profile your credit information in order to assist you in being better informed about, understand and manage your credit score/rating, identify and inform you of credit products that are likely to be suited to your circumstances, to identify whether you may benefit from additional guidance concerning your credit score and steps you can take to improve your score and credit history etc. For more details please access Finequs’ Terms of Service for Credit Information Report.
PURPOSE AND USAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We may also share your information, without obtaining your prior written consent, with government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences, or where disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation. You agree and consent for the Website to disclose your information, if so required, under applicable law.
Further Finequs may use your information to:
- Communicate with you about products, services and promotional offers offered by Finequs or by its business partners, or other third parties.
- Assist third parties like our business partners and/or service providers in facilitating and delivering products and services to you, process payments and your applications.
- Send you any administrative notices, offer alerts and other communications relevant to your use of the Website;
- Display tailored product offers to you and enable you to apply for certain products and services;
- Send you information about special promotions or offers offered by Finequs or any of its business partners. We might also tell you about new features or products/services. These might be our own offers or products/services, or third-party offers or products/services with whom Finequs has a tie - up;
- Carry market research, project planning, troubleshooting issues, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- Improve our Services and manage our customer relationships better, and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content;
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- For availing the Service such as applying for credit information report, loan, credit card or any other financial product we will require you to provide/upload on the Website the details such as a your name, parentage, marital status, email address, nationality, location, mobile number, PAN, employment & income details/proofs, Form 26 AS, recent photograph, signature image, other Know Your Customer (KYC) documents such as address proof, identity proof and personally identifying information about a potential co-loan applicant (should you select this option.
- You may opt out of location-based services at any time by editing the setting of your browser.
- In order to provide your bank statement or pay slip electronically along with your loan application, you may also be required to provide your third-party account credentials ("Account Credentials") to allow Finequs to retrieve your account data at those other financial institutions ("Account Information") for your use. Your Account Credentials are only used once to retrieve your bank statements/pay slips, Form 26 AS etc. and are not stored in our system. Finequs shall not be liable to you against any liability or claims which may arise out of such transactions being carried on your own accord.
- We may also use third party service providers to provide the Service to you, such as sending e-mail messages on our behalf or hosting and operating a feature or functionality of the Service. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information and prohibit them from using any of your PI for purposes unrelated to the product or service they're providing. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information provide to them.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF DATA:
- Finequs does not disclose PI of a customer except as directed by law or as consent received from the customer / applicant.. No specific information about customer accounts or other personally identifiable data is shared with third parties unless any one of the following conditions is met:
- To help complete a transaction initiated by you;
- Where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation or as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Finequs will retain your information for as long as it is necessary for providing you the Services available on the Website or your request for termination of your account with Finequs, whichever is later.
- Post termination of your account, Finequs may continue to use your anonymised data aggregated or in combination with anonymised data of other users. We use this aggregated anonymised data for data analysis, profiling and research purposes, for example to gain insights about our users and their profiles. We may keep your contact information along with your application details (if any) for fraud prevention purposes and for the exercise/defense of a legal claim or for providing evidence in legal proceeding(s).
STAYING CONNECTED - COMMUNICATION FROM US AND OUR PARTNERS:
We may , from to time ,provide our registered applicants/ customers with phone calls, emailers and email/SMS/WhatsApp alerts. Finequs customers/applicants/ newsletter subscribers may opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related e-mails/SMS/WhatsApp, such as e-mail/SMS alerts. The above services are also provided by our partners.
USAGE OF LOG FILES: This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may use the collected log information about you to improve services offered to you, to improve marketing, analytics, or Website functionality.
TRACKING THROUGH USING TECHNOLOGY:
TARGETING FOR MARKETING PURPOSES: We may from time to time partner with a third-party service provider to either display advertising on our Website or to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Website and other websites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
SPECIFIC CONSENT FOR SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION- THIRD PARTIES:
There may be several products and services on offer on our Website from third parties (collectively "Offers"). If you choose to apply for these separate products or services, disclose information to the providers, or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies. You should evaluate the practices of these external services providers before deciding to use their services. Finequs is not responsible for their privacy practices.
CONSENT FOR TESTIMONIALS, BLOGS ETC. ON FINEQUS WEBSITE:
- Finequs will only post any testimonial from you on our website with your specific consent. You may choose to have the testimonial removed by intimating Finequs at any time.
- If you use a blog, comments section or other public forum on Website, any information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you messages. Finequs shall not be held responsible for the PI you choose to submit in these forums.
- Like Button: While visiting our social media pages or handles ,if you use the "Like" button to share something that item could appear on your social media page and on your friends’ newsfeed depending on your privacy settings on social media . You may also receive updates in your Facebook newsfeed from this Website or item in the future. Some social media sites/apps collect information such as which pages you have visited.
YOUR DATA IS SECURE WITH US:
- We follow generally accepted standards to protect the PI submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Since no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We use a combination of firewalls, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect Finequs online accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
- Finequs transmits information such as your login credentials for Website or Account Credentials securely.
- Our data is managed and stored in secure cloud based servers and follow the most stringent protocols of security as are provided by these servers.
- Our databases are protected from general employee access both physically and logically.
- We enforce strict process and physical access controls to our buildings and systems. No employee can put PI on any insecure machine (i.e., nothing can be taken from the database and put on an insecure laptop). We permit only authorized employees who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to aforesaid PI.
ENCRYPTION AND SECURITY: All communications between your computer/mobile and our Website that contain any PI are encrypted. This enables client and server applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering and message forgery.
YOUR INFORMATION SECURITY IS ALSO IN YOUR HANDS:
- If you have any security related concern, please contact us immediately. We will work closely with you to ensure a rapid and personal response to your concerns.
Finequs is committed to the highest levels of data and information security and has put in place levels of security protocols in line with the best practices in the industry. Finequs performs periodic Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing and audits of safety standards and adherence to such protocols as required from a customer information safety perspective. Finequs is committed to customer information and data security and will constantly upgrade its safety protocols and certifications, as is required from time to time, in keeping with best practices in the industry.
CONTACT US (GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL):
If you have grievance or complaint, questions, comments, concerns or feedback in relation to the processing of information or regarding this Privacy and Security Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy is published and shall be construed to be in accordance with the provisions of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data of Information) Rules, 2011 under the Information Technology Act, 2000 and other applicable laws and regulations that require publishing of the privacy notice for collection, usage, storage, disclosure and transfer of sensitive personal data or information.